When you produce online stores using Shopify, you use a variety of themes, templates, runner layouts, designs, and several other rudiments. Still, with time you may want to modernize your store or transfigure the way it looks and the way the various processes are carried out in your store.
That’s when we’re faced with similar questions – Can You Change your Shopify Themes?
Before we move on to answering this question, let us first try to understand what Shopify is and what its themes are.
What’s Shopify, and what are Shopify themes?
Innovated by Tobias Lutke, Shopify is an e-commerce platform where you can produce and set up your online website or store and vend your products and services. Shopify allows you to vend your products in person with the buyers.
With Shopify, you can produce and host businesses of all nature and sizes. You can have your own store on Shopify whether you’re dealing in your vicinity, through your social media regard, or from your store. To begin creating your store, one of the first things that you need to start with is themes.
Shopify themes contain a vibrant range of templates that are responsible for the way your store looks. Themes are one of the most important elements for your online stores because they affect the way your store would appear to the guests. This, in turn, would affect the buying opinions of the guests. Shopify offers its druggies several themes to choose from to produce their online store.
Let us now find out how can you change the Shopify themes of your store.
Can You Change Shopify Themes?
With quick changes in the e-commerce industry, you must make constant inventions and updates to stay upbeat with competition and trends. However, you can make the necessary changes as numerous times as you want and whenever you want. In case if you have decided to use Shopify as the web creating and hosting platform for your website.
You can change Shopify themes for your store without deleting or disturbing any of the content on your store. It’s recommended that you keep upgrading your online space in one to one and a half times time. You can indeed change the themes without using rendering by following some simple way.
How to change Shopify themes?
You can change Shopify themes in 3 very simple ways. Each of the three ways has some way to follow to help you in upgrading your online store and change the current theme set.
1- Using the Shopify Admin Panel for theme upgrade
The first way for changing your Shopify theme is through on your store without disturbing its content is through Shopify Admin Panel to do the task. This is one of the quickest ways for upgrading the themes and the total time taken is about 15-20 twinkles. Here is how you can do it-
- The menu on the admin runner is on the left side. Go to the menu and valve on the ” Online Store” button. The first section when you elect the mentioned option is Themes. You’re automatically directed to the runner.
- Next, you need to scroll down the main runner. The bottom of the runner has the Shopify Theme Store from where you get free as well as paid themes in it. One must go for a paid theme for a more professional and formal display.
- After this you are then required to tap on the Explore Free Shopify Themes tab. Here you can get themes like Boundless, Supply, Simple, Narrative and further.
- You can simply click on the theme you like to know further about its features and the styles that it has to offer.
- You can also add the favored theme to the Theme Library by adding it to the library button that’s displayed on the main bar.
- You need to also install the theme. Once it’s installed, go to the “Companion to Theme Customization” option to learn how to customize and apply the favored theme to your store.
2- Use Third-Party themes for changing your current Shopify themes
Although Shopify allows you to do several effects while creating and streamlining your online store, there are some effects that Shopify can’t do. To resolve these issues, numerous Shopify merchandisers take help from outdoors and use third- party themes that aren’t available in the Shopify Theme Store. This is the alternate way to change your Shopify themes.
Now you may wonder-why would you use a third- party theme when Shopify formerly offers you a variety of it?
Some traditional themes offered by Shopify don’t have veritably important features similar as conversion, customization, optimization, and more. Some of the themes indeed warrant fresh options to increase your deals which are generally in- erected in third party themes, etc. One similar amazing theme is the EcomSolid Shopify Theme.
Still, you need to integrate them with your online store settings on Shopify, If you decide to use third party themes then these are some simple way you need to follow-
- You first need to pierce the website or the app of the named third- party.
- You need to detect the button to get started on their platform.
- Once the process is initiated, you need to enter the name of your Shopify sphere. This will direct you to the dashboard of the themes section.
- You can also pierce it and integrate the favored theme with Shopify’s backend.
- You can also go to the Apps section on your Shopify dashboard. It’ll give you a list of themes available on different apps. Click on your asked theme and get started.
3- Use your unique Shopify theme
The third way is you produce your own theme or take help from a builder to produce a theme unique to your preferences and requirements. This can be done by using CSS, Liquid, and HTML. Once you’re ready with your own theme, you can use it to replace the one on your online store. Follow these simple way-
- Go to the Themes section in Shopify and access the ” Upload theme” tab.
- You’ll also see the ” Add file” button. Click on it and upload your theme.
- After the upload is complete, you can pierce it from your Theme Library.
- You can also elect it for your store and continue with the customization as per your requirements.