Have you installed a Linksys WiFi extender in your home to extend the existing wireless range? And, why you shouldn’t have? Linksys range extenders allows users to access a lightning-fast internet by amplifying the router’s WiFi signals. By connecting their WiFi-enabled devices to the Linksys extender setup xxx, users can listen to Spotify, play online games, and watch online movies. But, being a machine, a Linksys range extender is also prone to several problems. The Linksys extender not connecting to router being one of them.
If you are also looking for a sustainable solution to resolve the same issue, then we’ve got you covered. In this article, we will share various troubleshooting tips to help you get rid of the issue in a matter of minutes. So, let’s take the plunge.
Fixed: Linksys Extender Not Connecting to Router
1. Reboot Your Linksys Extender
Did you try rebooting the Linksys extender? No? Well, do it right now! Sometimes, technical glitches are the one that are creating issues and prevent the extender to establish a connection with the router. And, no other solution is better than rebooting your Linksys range extender.
Follow the guidelines given below in order to reboot your Linksys range extender:
- Disconnect all the wired or wireless devices connected to your Linksys range extender.
- Once done, disconnect your WiFi device from the power plug after switching it off.
- Now, let your Linksys extender sit free for a while.
- Connect your extender to the power plug back and switch it on.
Once your Linksys extender gets properly rebooted, check if you are still facing difficulties connecting it to the router. If you are, then wait no more to try the next troubleshooting hack.
2. Bring Your WiFi Devices Closer
Is the distance between your Linksys range extender and WiFi router too much? Probably yes. To get rid of the issue at hand, reduce the distance between your WiFi devices. But, make sure not to bring both devices too close. Or else, the WiFi signals of your Linksys extender and modem will clash resulting in creating more trouble than you’re already facing.
It would be the best decision if you connect your WiFi devices using an Ethernet cable. However, using a damage-free Ethernet cable is a must requirement.
3. Change the Location
It might also be an improper location of your WiFi device that has led you to the Linksys extender not connecting to router issue. Therefore, check whether your Linksys range extender is placed at an optimal location or not.
To check whether you have placed your Linksys extender properly or not have a tab on the following criteria:
- If you have placed your Linksys smart WiFi range extender near an indoor waterfall wall, then relocate it right away! This is because water is a good conductor of electricity and tends to absorb the extender’s WiFi signals.
- Placing the Linksys range extender near a plant is also a bad idea.
- Make sure that the extender is placed away from tracking devices, Bluetooth speakers, televisions, baby monitors, microwave ovens, refrigerators, treadmills, etc.
- Metal objects are another foe of your Linksys range extender’s WiFi signals. Therefore, place your WiFi device away from metal doors, aluminum studs, etc.
- Apart from that, do not place your Linksys range extender near corners, concrete walls, thick timber walls, floors, etc.
- Choose a well-ventilated location to place your Linksys range extender.
Quick Tip: The issue can also occur due to an outdated firmware of your router. So, consider updating the firmware of your router by accessing its web-based setup wizard. In case, you own a Linksys router, update the firmware by accessing the Linksys router login page.
4. Reset Your Extender
Are you still being bothered by the Linksys extender not connecting to the router issue? It looks like your extender is not configured properly. Therefore, consider configuring it again. But prior to that, restore your Linksys range extender to factory default settings. Given below are the instructions to do that:
- Verify that your extender is receiving a consistent electric supply.
- Once verified, check for the Reset button on the extender.
- The moment you find the Reset button, use a sharp object to press it.
- The existing settings of your Linksys range extender will get deleted.
Now, configure your extender from scratch by accessing the Linksys web-based interface. This time you’ll definitely be able to resolve the issue.
Also Read:- Netgear extender setup
Did you get success in fixing the Linksys extender not connecting to router issue? Looks like this post has fulfilled its purpose. If this write-up has helped you in bringing success in fixing the issue, don’t hesitate to express your gratitude in the comment section.