QuickBooks is one of the most widely used accounting software programs in the world, which is used mostly by all the small and medium-sized enterprises. This easy-to-use software is excellent for monitoring funds, managing sales, and assisting with bills. In reality, QuickBooks Desktop is jam-packed with capabilities that have increased organizational productivity. User encounters Quickbooks won’t open very frequently.
However, QuickBooks Desktop frequently encounters problems; which are faced by most of the users of QuickBooks.
Moreover, users complain that QuickBooks Desktop does not start or won’t open.
Even though this problem has the potential to disrupt an organization’s operations, it is readily addressed by following the measures discussed in this article.
QuickBooks won’t open: Meaning
Before delving into the causes and possible solutions to this technical mess, it is crucial that you grasp the fundamentals of this problem. This issue usually occurs when a user attempts but fails to launch the QuickBooks desktop or a company file.
In such a scenario, it prompts an error message, QuickBooks won’t open or it will not start.
However, in some cases, no error message appears on the screen, but the machine abruptly freezes.
As a result of this mistake, you may have problems with the system. It may also have an impact on the company file and its data. This issue can be caused by a number of factors, which we shall examine later in this article.
Causes of QuickBooks won’t open error
The QuickBooks won’t open or it does not start due to a variety of reasons, which are listed below:
- The firm name is quite lengthy.
- Hard disc failure
- QuickBooks Desktop was installed incorrectly.
- The QBWUSER.INI file is missing or corrupted.
- The operating system that is no longer supported
Symptoms of QuickBooks won’t Open Error
- The program becomes unresponsive.
- The QuickBooks company file cannot be opened.
- Windows operates slowly.
- Every now and again, the computer hangs.
- The computer reacts slowly to the mouse and keyboard.
Please note that if you continuously double-click the QuickBooks icon, it may cause it to stop responding or operating. It is preferable to wait for a short period of time before relaunching QuickBooks. To send repeated requests, don’t click too many times.
Possible Solutions to resolve QuickBooks won’t Open Error
To resolve QuickBooks won’t open error, implement the solutions provided below:
Solution 1: Terminate the QBW32.exe process
- In the first step, right-click on the “Windows taskbar” on the system and select “Start Task Manager.”
- To organize the processes alphabetically, click on the “Process tab” and then on the “Image Name” header.
- Then look for and choose “EXE.”
- Finally, click “End Process” to terminate the “exe process.”
Solution 2: Change the QBWUSER.INI file
- Try accessing the folder containing the ini file, and if you can’t find it, allow hidden directories and files.
- Once you’ve located the folder, right-click on the “QBWUSER.ini.file” and choose “Rename.”
- After that, in the final filename, write “Insert.old.”
- Change the name of “ecml.file” now. After renaming the file, then it means that Quickbooks works properly.
Solution 3: Assure you download and run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool may easily repair the majority of the issues in this initial technique. To use this application, however, you must first download and install it on your system:
- To begin, go to the official Intuit QuickBooks website and download the Diagnostic Tool.
- Then, to install it, double-click the file.
- Then, run the tool to resolve the issue.
- Check to see if the problem remains.
Solution 4: Restrict the QB Desktop installation
- To begin, right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Select “Open” after pressing the “CTRL key.” Hold down the “Ctrl” key until the “No Company Open” window appears.
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 5: Fix QuickBooks Desktop Installation if it was done incorrectly
- Press “Ctrl +Alt + Del” on your keyboard.
- Select the “Task Manager” option now.
- After that, select the “Process” tab.
- Right-click on any of the “QuickBooks processes” and choose Properties.
- After that, click “End Process.”
- You will be prompted to confirm your action, at which point you should select “end all processes.”
Solution 6: Build a new Windows Administrator user
- Navigate through the “Control Panel” by first clicking on it.
- Double-click “User Account,” then “Manage User,” and finally hit on “Add.”
- After that, input the administrator’s name and domain, and then click the “Ok” button.
- If you’re running Windows 10, choose “Administrator.”
- After that, click Finish to return to the ‘User Accounts’ dialogue box. Now press the “OK” button.
Solution 7: Reboot the system
- Launch your computer’s “Start menu.”
- Click the “Power Button,” then the “Restart” option.
- After restarting, launch QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 8: Perform a clean QuickBooks installation
When software is not installed correctly, it causes QuickBooks won’t open error for a significant number of users. As a result, a clean QuickBooks installation is usually advised. So, to do a clean QB installation, follow the procedures listed below:
- To begin, launch the QuickBooks Desktop Tool Hub.
- Navigate to Installation Issues now.
- Then, select Quickbooks Clean Install Tool from the drop-down menu.
We assume that by using the solutions indicated above, you will be able to fix the QuickBooks won’t open issue. If you continue to find difficulties after executing the solutions above, you may connect with the technical team for more support.
Also, Read- How To Troubleshoot Quickbooks Error Code H202