Rajasthan Eligibility Examination for Teachers (REET) is conducted by the Board of Secondary Education of Rajasthan to recruit Primary (Level 1) and Upper Primary (Level 2) teachers. As per the newly updated rules declared by the Rajasthan government, only Basic School Teaching Certificate (BSTC) holders are allowed to appear in the Level 1 REET 2022 examination.
The questions asked in the examination will now be majorly related to Rajasthan. This step has been taken to prioritise state students. Among other revisions, the REET 2022 score will carry 90% weightage against the current 70%, while the rest of 10% would include marks assessed in graduation or senior secondary examination. The minimum age criteria for taking the REET examination is 18 years, with no maximum age limit.
The cabinet minister for the Department of Education has recently proposed that candidates will need to qualify for REET to apply for various posts in Rajasthan. For Rajasthan Grade 3 teacher posts, candidates must also qualify for REET and then appear separately for the entrance examination.
REET Syllabus 2022
The syllabus of REET is divided into two categories – Level 1 and Level 2 and is conducted by the Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education. REET Level 1 syllabus includes Child Development and Pedagogy, Language 1, Language 2, Mathematics, and Environmental Studies.
Level 2 syllabus includes Child Development and Pedagogy, Language 1, Language 2, Mathematics, and Science or Social Studies. BYJU’s Exam Prep has in-depth coverage of REET syllabus. Visit the website for exam preparation or any other queries related to REET 2022.
Child Development and Pedagogy (Level 1 & 2)
- Child Development Concept
- Concept of Inclusive Education
- Learning & Pedagogy
- Understanding Children with Special Needs]
Language Syllabus (Level 1 & 2)
- Unseen Passage
- Language Pedagogy
Mathematics (Level 1 & 2)
- Number System
- Time & Work
- Speed & Distance
- Profit and Loss
- Pedagogy of Mathematics
Environmental Studies (Level 1)
- Family and Friends
- Food and Shelter
- Water and Travel
- Things We Make and Do
- Environmental Studies Pedagogy
- Upper Primary Related Questions
Social Studies (Level 2)
- Economics and Static General Knowledge
- Social and Political Life
- Upper Primary Related Questions
- Social Studies Pedagogy
Science (Level 2)
- Food and Materials
- How Things Work
- Moving Things
- People and Ideas
- Natural Resources
- World of the Living
- Pedagogy of Science
REET Educational Qualification for Level 1
Level 1 category of REET is primarily conducted to recruit primary teachers (for classes 1-5). Candidates applying for Level 1 must have the following educational qualifications.
- 10+2 or equivalent with at least 50% marks, passing or appearing in the final year of a two-year Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed) or appearing in Bachelor of Elementary Education (B. El. Ed), is a must.
- Graduates having at least 50% marks or Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El. Ed) or who appeared in the final year of Diploma of Elementary Education are eligible to apply for REET. Or graduates who appeared or passed in the final year of Diploma in Elementary Education (D. El. Ed).
REET Educational Qualification for Level 2
This category includes upper primary teachers (for classes 6-8). Candidates must have the following educational qualifications.
- Graduated with at least 50% marks and passed or appeared in 1-year B.Ed, or Graduates who passed or appeared in the final year of Diploma in Elementary Education (D. El. Ed).
- Graduates with at least 45% marks and passed or appeared in Bachelor in Education (B.Ed) according to the NCTE regulation.
- Or, 10+2 or equivalent with at least 50% marks and passed or appeared in the final year of Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed), or appeared in the final year or B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed.