QuickBooks is commonly utilized by small and medium-sized organizations because it delivers consumer-centric accounting and business process solutions. It provides tools to make these operations easier for its users and to handle any difficulties that may arise. QuickBooks relies on a number of components to perform properly, and if any of these components fail, the entire operation suffers. To fix such difficulties, QuickBooks includes the QuickBooks File Doctor, which diagnoses and repairs key components.
In this article, we will walk you through the complete procedures of downloading, installing, and running the File Doctor program to address different problems.
Before that let us have a quick overview of the Quickbooks file doctor tool
Quickbooks File Doctor Tool: Brief Overview
The Qb file doctor tool is simply a simple file repair program that is meant to correct errors that users make while using the QuickBooks accounting software.
Moreover, only QuickBooks version 2016 and later editions have this feature incorporated or built-in. To update QuickBooks to the most recent version, go to the Intuit website’s QB file doctor download page and follow the instructions.
Furthermore, keep in mind that this tool only works with the UK and US versions of QuickBooks.It does, however, work with all QuickBooks desktop versions for Windows.
Errors which can be resolved using QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
Before diving into the downloading process, have a look at the major errors that can be fixed using the Quickbooks file doctor tool.
|QB Error Code 6150||Network Errors||Installation Errors|
|Quickbooks error code 6000 82||QB Error Code 6000 305||Error Code 6000 301|
|Other 6000 series errors||Error in updating QB||Multi-user mode errors|
|Firewall port poorly configured||Damaged company files||Error Code 6147 06 6130|
|Types of H series errors||Data corruption Errors||Malware attach hard drives|
|QB Error Code H202||QB Error H505||Damaged windows registry|
|Vendor, customer, or employee lists that are missing or blank||Unable to open the QB company file||QB database server manager related problem|
Methods to Download QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
Learn how to download and install the QB file doctor tool:
- In the first step, download the QB tool hub and then navigate to downloads by hitting CTRL + J simultaneously.
- After that, press QuickBooksToolsHub.exe in the downloads list.
- Thirdly, accept the licensing agreement by pressing the Yes option.
- Now choose the Next option, followed by the Install option.
- When the installation procedure is complete, you should select the Finish option.
- Now, click on the icon to launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
Note that if you can’t find the icon, use your keyboard’s Windows or Start button to search for QuickBooks Tool Hub and then choose the software to launch it.
- Once the Tool Hub software is open, choose the Company File Issues tab and follow the on-screen instructions to run the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
Important Considerations Before Using the QBFD Tool
Before you begin utilizing the QB file doctor, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- You must have administrator rights to use the file doctor tool.
- Also, you should have a reliable internet connection.
- There is a file size restriction of 1.5 GB that you must adhere to.
- Check that you have just one version of QuickBooks installed on the system.
- It is suggested that you upgrade QuickBooks to the most recent version before accessing the file doctor.
- The File Doctor feature is only available to QuickBooks Windows OS users and not to MAC users.
Simple Steps for using the QuickBooks File Doctor
- To use the QB file doctor tool, go to the tool hub and pick the company file issues tab.
- Then, pick run QBFD tool. However, this process may take some time, and you may need to wait.
- After that, in the QB file doctor, choose the company file from the drop-down option. If you are unable to see the file, you can locate and hunt for it.
- You must also select the check the file option and press the Continue button.
- Finally, input your QuickBooks admin password and press the next button.
Please note that the scan time is affected by the file size. It may take up to 5 minutes in the majority of situations. When the scan is complete, you must open QuickBooks and the company file. Even if the scan was failed, the problem may have been fixed.
We believe this guide will assist you with the download, installation, and use of the QuickBooks file doctor tool. Moreover, with the help of this guide, you will get to know the basic pointers which every user should keep in mind while using the tool. However, if you face any issues while using the file doctor tool, you may connect with the technical team for further assistance.